Sunday, August 26, 2012

Home at last!

Holy it’s been forever. I think I am about a month behind, but that’s okay. Just be ready for a long post with lots of pictures! I guess I will start with the oldest and then bring it up to date…

The last few weeks in Kentucky were tough ones. Crappy hotel rooms, the wives, sick baby and just straight up ready to be done. It was a very successful and great summer for Chad and that’s most important but I’d have to say worst summer to date of my life. We eventually did get moved over to better hotels so that was good and even better BAILEY came to visit. Bay came out the week before I left. That way she could keep me sane and I could stand being out another week and then I also had someone to fly home with us. Win Win. We went to the aquatic center and swam one day, took a day trip to Nashville, watched 100 episodes of gossip girl and went to beech benders amusement park. Scoti was a little fuss bucket the whole week she was there, so she secretly was ready to kill both of us. We ended up taking Scoti to the doctor though and she had a double ear infection, poor little girl.


We flew from Owensboro to Vegas Monday the 13th. Taylor took us to the airport that morning. When we pulled up we felt like we were in a foreign country. This airport was nothing but pure sketch! We walked in and I thought there was no way we were at the right place. Richfield City airport could possibly be bigger and no doubt is nicer. I’m talking about missing roof tiles, insulation falling out of the walls, workers wearing pajamas, folding chairs for your chairs, no bathrooms.. okay you kind of get it? This is where people sneak bombs on planes and blow up the stratosphere. I should of known something was up when we got plane tickets for $54, nonstop.  We were straight up scared! We were sending pictures to my mom and she was telling us not to board the plane. Haha oh Lenita.

'

Like look what these walls are made of. With that sweet AC unit.
We got to Vegas and my in-laws came and picked us up! My mom and Lindie came down that night and the next day we let the home hunting begin! All summer we’ve been looking at homes and trying to figure out what we wanted to do. We decided I would go look at a bunch on Tuesday and when Chad got home that next week we would go back to my favorites and try to make a decision. I found three I really liked and couldn’t wait for Chad to come check them out.

Thursday we went to Vegas to meet my grandparents, Uncle and cousins for a little Vegas style family reunion. This is what you get when your uncle is Mr Vegas. Haha but really. This is the same Uncle that got Chad and I a villa for our honeymoon at the Mirage. 3 bedrooms, 7 bathrooms, two family rooms, hot tub, pool, putting green, butler, endless spa trips and food… yes be a little jealous you don’t have an Uncle Chock! He didn’t disappoint this time either. Spa, gambling, Celine Dion, endless food, pool all the jazz you can get. It was really fun and I can’t say enough about how AMAZING  Celine Dion was! Ahhhh




Chad flew into Vegas Sunday afternoon. My brothers, Scoti and I went and picked him up and met the rest of the family at the body’s exhibit. It was way sweet and crazy to see all that stuff. My favorite was the room with the babies and seeing them at all the stages and just thinking about how Scoti grew inside of me. We made it back that evening to go over to Chad’s family. Chad hadn’t seen any of his family for almost 5 months!

So now we are back in Utah and have no plan.. No house, no apartment, no where to live. Not good. It so happened to work out though that my grandparents were heading back to Kansas for about a month and asked us to house sit. Perrrfecttt!

So the house hunting continued and I showed Chad all my picks. Still not sure about what we wanted to do and now agreeing to possibly build our realtor showed us a few more options. We ended up falling in love with a home and are now building! It doesn’t seem real quite yet. I think once they lay the foundation or something it’ll feel more real and I’ll start to get way excited. So we are at grandmas and grandpa’s for a month and then are back to homeless. We feel like bums. The house should be done first of November but I think they always take longer than they say. We really do not want to find a place for 1-2 months so I’m trying to talk Chad into the temporary move to Richfield. Then we can really be considered cool living in the basement at my parents. Hehe it’ll pay off, don’t judge.

Thursday we went down to Richfield for Lindsay’s bridal shower! So fun to be together again and to see all my friends. Oh how I love being with them! Chad drove down with me so he could pull the boat back to St George! He is a little lake deprived so we will be going lots! We took it out yesterday with all the Heward’s and had so much fun! I wish I would of taken more pictures but I didn’t feel the best all day. Chad finally got out on his new board and I got to board for the first time in two years. Scoti hates her life jacket but you give this child a piece of licorice and she is content! Works every time!



Well life is pretty slow and good right now so I should stay up to date better. That’s if I have anything to blog about… ha

Oh yes and I can’t forget…. Chad hit his goal! A few days before he came home he hit #200! Wahoo! He worked so hard this summer and I know it paid off! Also his team won the Cup! It was a very successful summer for them all. 

















No comments:

Post a Comment