Monday, June 20, 2011

6 Months for Us!


Saturday was Chad’s and I 6 month mark. Yippee! Sometimes it seems like we’ve already been married for years but then at the same time it seems like it’s been a couple weeks. We’ll go with the couple years though then this baby feels more normal. We were both pretty excited for this but weren't sure what you do for such a time. Like our real anniversary you better believe we’ll be exchanging gifts, but I wasn’t sure if you do that for your first six months. I bought him twenty uncrustables and thought that was good. (He doesn’t like my making of a pb&j). But my dear kind sweet husband took all my complaining from these last few months and planned a little trip for us.




Cheesecake Factory + bath + shopping + getting away was the most perfect thing he could do! We left Sunday morning (since he had to work all day Saturday) and went to Charlotte NC. We got to the mall around 11:30 and I was ready to eat. Three months ago moving to Columbia I was pretty excited because I thought if we are in the state capital there is no way there is not a Cheese Cake Factory and a Pf Changs. Ya I was dead wrong. On both. They don’t have crap here. All we have is a Carl’s Jr called Hardee’s and Bojangles.  So this was great. Good times at the factory. After we did a little shopping or at least I did a little shopping. My cute husband had asked me why I never wear perfume a few days prior and I told him because I don’t own any so he asked what I liked and I’m still just loving my Abercrombie 8 since high school so of course he tries to play it cool and tells me he needs to run into Abercrombie for these shorts he wants. I’m like what the fetch.. Chad & Abercrombie does not go. And then when he tells me to go look at the girl’s stuff I catch on and he was just trying to be a sneaky amazing husband and went and purchased me some smell good. After all the shopping I actually felt pretty bad because it was actually Father’s day and he is in the running of the holiday with this baby in my tummy and all and I didn’t get him anything and he didn’t want anything at the mall. Our next adventure was mainly for him though so I guess it equals all out. So we left the mall and went to our hotel. Such nice rooms and very relaxing. We then left and went to Carrowinds. The coolest place next to Disneyland. It was so much fun! They had soo many rollercoaster’s and Chad wouldn’t let me ride them so I would sit and take pictures of him doing so.  Let me hurry and give you a preview of our convo on the drive over to the park.

Mikey: "Chad I think I’ll be okay on most the rides. Ill look at them and judge first"
Chad: "Mikey do you want to kill our baby over a ride?"
Mikey: "Chad I’m not going to kill our baby"
Chad: "When the baby dies I am blaming it all on you"
Mikey: "sniff sniff okay I won’t ride"
…. 30 minutes later
Chad: "Mikey I don’t like riding rides by myself come ride"
Mikey: "Well I don’t know if I should"
Chad: "this one looks okay"
Mikey: "Okay"
Chad: "K Mikey hold on to here and put your feet here and push here. Do not let your belly touch this bar. & Then Chad doesn’t enjoy the ride because the whole ride he watches my belly to see any movement."

You guys probably all think I am horrible but really the like three rides I did go on were approved for children like ten inches tall. But really so much fun and somehow he got me on the rapid ride and of course I got the very wettest. We went back to the hotel that night enjoyed some dinner, Chad watched as much ESPN as he could in that time (no cable in Columbia) & we just had an all around great time.










& Can't forget to give a shout out to the best Dad in the whole wide world! 
Love him soo much!

&& Can't pass up the oppurtunity to say i'm 15 weeks today! Just cruising right along! 

No comments:

Post a Comment