Saturday, May 5, 2012



The first step in fixing a problem is admitting you have a problem. I am blogging today to admit a problem. A big one. That I really wasn’t fully aware about until about a half hour ago. This summer packing up and moving away again I told myself I would be so much better and smarter about how and what I packed to bring out with us. Last year being a rookie I packed some pretty ridiculous things. I packed our down comforter, duvet, decorative pillows, Jesus, a 20x20 of Chad and I, easels, a 40” TV, 5 sweatshirts (for South Carolina), 10 pairs of pants, and just lots of other clothes that really never got worn. We packed Chad 10+ pairs of shoes and him 5 pairs of pants. We learned and really did soo good this year. I literally packed like 5 outfits. One pair of jeans, a few dresses, lots of lounge around clothes and all my swimsuits. Chad and I both cut back and packed about a fourth of what we did last year. I say Chad and I though because I just barely got done unpacking Scoti’s room. After hanging a few things up, filling up every drawer, and stacking things upon things on the shelves I decided to do a count of everything and am a little embarrassed. You’ve got to remember we are only out here for a few months. After the count of everything here are my results……

24 pairs of pants.
9 skirts
12 dresses
6 jackets/cardigans
7 shirts
33 onsies
18 pairs of pjs
5 swimsuits
3 swimsuit covers
3 swim hats
6 pairs of shoes
15 pairs of socks
20 bibs
6 blankets
30 burp cloths
3 boxes of qtips ( that is more than 150 qtips… I would have to clean her ears more than once a day to even use them all)
and then this is the best one……
I packed 3 different baby combs. My baby doesn’t even have hair. Oh man.

After my count I also remember I have a load of baby clothes in the washer. So add a few more onsies, pants, and whatever else is in there.

I have always thought I needed more with her but I am now admitting I have enough. At least enough 3-6 month. I am making a blog promise to myself that I will not buy her any more clothes. For a while that is.

So when there were boxes everywhere just a few days ago and I was wondering how do we have so many boxes, I packed so good. I now know why. Just think how smart and good we will be next year. We learn new things every year! 

Now lets just pray Chad doesn’t read my blog or there might be a fight going down tonight. 

Her skirts. With half having the price tags still attached.
Horrible I know.

Some of her clothes hung up.

Let me add a few more pictures to make this blog not so depressing on my part....

So I sent this picture to my family and said oh how she loves Sophie.
Shortly after my dad texted me back and called her "hannibal lecter"
I said what the heck is hannibal lecter.
He texted back and said it was a young boy who's mother never took out his binky and told me to google it...
I sent him this back and said how dare you compare!
Scoti would only nap on me this day. I loved our snuggle time!
Standing up against couch so big!

My bald beauty!
We bought her a bouncer today and she loves it!

1
Scoti and I on our deck!
Pretyy girl!

Scoti at church

Snoozing during Sundayy School

Scoti's newest friend Jackson!



















1 comment: