Thursday, October 25, 2012

California Trip



We’re back! What a fun couple weeks we’ve had. Last Wednesday we hit the road for the happiest place on earth.. Disneyland!! I hadn’t been to Disneyland in years and I couldn’t be more excited to go and be with my husband, little Scoti and my whole family! Doesn’t get better than that.

Thursday we spent all day at California Adventures and then an hour or two over at Disneyland. It worked out super great with Scoti because my mother doesn’t ride much and Payton doesn’t ride anything you have to be 40” or taller. We started questioning his gender. Little five year old girls were showing him up going on rides he wouldn’t. Poor kid. The rides we all wanted to ride and Scoti couldn’t they had the best thing ever called a stroller pass. My family would wait in the 45 minutes line and then get a pass and when they got out the pass would allow Chad and I to go right up to the front and ride the ride. They wait in line, we eat churros, and then we go to the front of the line. So sweet right??








Friday we drove over to beautiful San Diego and went to Sea World. Chad and I went a couple years ago when we were dating but it was even better two years later. The park was seriously empty and it was amazing. All the shows weren’t even half full, no lines on any rides and just a good time! Every time I go there I wish I were a dolphin trainer. Chad said during the dolphin show he wanted to get Scoti a baby dolphin. I’m down with that….






Saturday we were determined to get to Disneyland bright and early and get on Cars Land before the 3 hour wait time! We did it. We got to ride the ride with barely a wait and we also got some fast passes so got to then ride it again. I really liked it, but I don’t know if I would have liked it so much to ever stand in a 3 hour line. Saturday was really gloomy and rainy so the lines weren’t bad for the first few hours that morning. All the kid rides we were going on had zero people on them. We were walking right onto rides like soaring over California where they is usually at least a 40 minute wait. I was fine with the weather if the lines and crowd would of stayed that way. The only bad part was going to buy a poncho to put over the stroller to keep Scoti dry.. The dang thing cost me f 9 bucks! What the heck, a piece of plastic. That evening we stuck around for the world of colors. For the sake of our soul I won’t post all the videos I took of this show. I probably recorded 24 of the 25 minute show. It was AMAZING!!  It was so cool and I just loved it so much.









Sunday we did what any great Mormon family would do.. We went to church! Oh the blessings we better receive. We were under the impression if you went to Church at Disneyland the lines wouldn’t be long and they would give away free Mickey Mouse Popsicles to all the righteous. Fail. We kept checking the line wait times that evening and just couldn’t get ourselves to go over and stand in the lines. It was the day before my birthday though and we knew there wouldn’t be another time to go so we went to Cheesecake Factory that day and celebrated my birthday! That’s two years in a row having my birthday dinner at Cheesecake. I think we better make it a tradition!

Monday I woke up to my sweet husband talking to someone in our family room at our hotel in Spanglish (his attempt to talk in Spanish). I was a bit confused who he had out there and what he was doing. Oh just the room service he ordered for me. I pretended to still be asleep as he walked in and served me breakfast in bed. What a sweetie I have! I opened all my presents and loved them all. Chad got me the watch I have wanted, clothes, new perfume, makeup, and him and Scoti got me the cutest necklace in the world. My mom and dad spoiled me as always. I of course said one time I thought I would like a sewing machine so what does my mother go do.. She goes and buys me the nicest sewing machine ever. Now I just need to learn how to thread a needle… This machine can do like 1 million different stitches and I just wish I knew what that meant. I will be zig zaggin, double lining, curvy, fast, slow stitching some mean pillows in no time.. She gave me some cute sewing stuff and a sewing box thing, it looks like a picnic basket. She gave me some Halloween decorations to decorate the house I will someday hopefully have and then she surprised me with the gold Sperry’s I have wanted and been looking for! What great parents I have.

That morning we headed to Universal Studios, none of us had ever been to Universal and we were questioning going there or going to Disneyland again. I’m so glad we went cause it was probably my favorite thing of the whole trip. The shows they had were amazing, the rides were the best yet, and I loved seeing all the movie sets and how it is all done. We had a really good time there and it was the least crowded place of them all! After a long day there we hit the road for home sweet home! Chad, Myself, Scoti and Bay got to St George around 1:30 in the morning and crashed at my grandparents.




The next day was family pictures! I have been running around like a crazy trying to get everything figured out and making sure we had matching outfits. Really I should have been running on a treadmill getting ready for pictures. I’m almost certain I gained 20 pounds at Disneyland. We had pictures that evening and they seriously could not have gone better. Scoti didn’t take an afternoon nap and about an hour before pictures this child was fussy! I was stressing that this was going to be horrible. She fell asleep on the way over to Santa Clara where we were taking pictures and probably got a twenty or so minute nap in. I guess that’s all it takes cause this girl was all smiles! She was so good and just kept smiling for the photographer! We had Hailey Bradshaw take our pictures and I’m so excited to see the final result! She showed us a little sneak peak and I almost just died at how cute my little Scoti 
is!



I came back to Richfield Tuesday night while Chad stayed in St George to work and do a preseason tournament. On Wednesday Alexis got her mission call! Woot Woot! This girl is going to be the best sister missionary ever! She is going to school down at SUU with Bailey and a few more of my friends. They all came home last night and we had a little opening party at Lex’s house. My guess was France. She opened it up and was called to serve in Billings Montana! Wahooooo. She is going to rock Billings’s world! She is leaving February 9th I think it was..

Now we are just hanging out in Richfield about to go crazy! We have not stayed in one place for more than 3 days and are seriously living out of a suitcase. It is so annoying and I am getting really sick of it. Scoti and I will head back down to St George either Saturday night or Sunday morning. The Heward’s are doing a birthday dinner for me and then we are having a Halloween party with the Heward family Monday night! Oh I can’t wait for Halloween! Scoti is going to be the cutest little Elephant ever! 

No comments:

Post a Comment