Sunday, October 14, 2012

What A Weekend

What a weekend! Good, bad, happy, sad, fun and super horrible all at the same time.

It all started Thursday morning.. Lindsay and Mitch were getting married that afternoon. Our plan was to go up that morning and stay all weekend. Their sealing started at 12:40 at the Salt Lake Temple. I was so happy I could be in there with them because I didn’t have one of my friends in the Temple with me. All my friends joke that we are dropping at a rate of one every 2 years. This isn’t good. We need to pick up the pace. But when I was sitting in the Temple I thought about whoever it is that does get married last will be so lucky to have all of us in there with her and her hubby and be there for it. Hopefully they’re just not 40.









After the sealing they had a very yummy lunch at the Joesph Smith Building. I had never been in there and it was way convenient and good. They cut the cake, did the dances and off these two love birds left to have some fun! They had a cute carriage pick them up out of the building and take them to the Grand America where they spent their first night.


We then went over to City Creek to do a little Birthday shopping and we have family pictures coming right up so I really wanted to get outfits and everything figured out. It only took an hour or so when Chad started getting bugged and annoyed and wanted to leave immediately. He lets it be known.
 Lindie and Cam were on a cruise all week so we scored big by being able to stay at their place all weekend! We got to Lindie’s right in time for Scoti to go to bed, I ran to Target to grab a couple things and we called it a night.  At 9:30. We are so cool.

Friday morning Scoti greeted us with a wake up call at 5:45! Not cool. We brought her in bed with us and tried keeping her entertained on the bed as long as we could. We finally crawled out of bed around 6:30 and went into the family room. We turned on some cartoons, pulled out all her toys, and made us some cereal. Scoti finds amusement in anything but her toys so she is playing in their blinds, pulling out all their DVD’s and then makes her way over to their fireplace…. Their fireplace has little metal curtains that Scoti was loving hitting against the fireplace and making noises. We had no clue their fireplace had ever been lit or even worked so we are just kind of sitting there letting her (I know, Way good parents) well there was a little pilot 1 inch flame under all the logs that Chad and I had no clue about. It only took poor Scoti 1 second to see that and decide to reach into the fireplace and touch it. Oh my talk about worst moment of my entire life! She starts screaming and we realized what just happened. Chad and I both didn’t even know what to do and were freaking out running around like crazies. We put her hand under cool water where I could see how bad it looked and felt just sick to my stomach and how could I let my Scoti do this.
We ended up going to the Instacare, which we were so happy we did. They stripped off all the blisters and wrapped each finger up individually and gave her a big fat wrapped hand. All the Dr’s and Nurses were so impressed because Scoti didn’t cry once! Not when they were cutting off the blisters, rubbing the wounds or wrapping it up. She just sat there amazed with everything that was happening.








That evening Chad’s work had a banquet to give out awards and recognize the winners of all the competitions. Chad’s office ended up being the number 1 office in the company and winning the big competition called the “Cup”. Chad had such a great summer and I was one proud wife to be there and see him and the rest of his team’s hard work pay off! After they got their award we snuck out early and headed up north to Chad’s uncles surprise party. It was his mom’s brother and I hadn’t met really any of them yet. It was fun to meet all his family from Idaho that I had no idea existed. Scoti was getting a super high temperature and was exhausted of the whole day so we headed back to Lindie’s.



That night was long and she had a high fever all night.
Saturday we had to get back down to Provo because we had an appointment to put TV’s into our car. Oh I can’t even tell you how happy I was about this purchase. We have talked about it for a while and always said when Scoti got older and had a face front car seat. Well she is now officially in one so I started shopping around and looking for the best deal. I found this little place in Provo and we thought we would go check it out. They did such an amazing job and Chad says it’s Scoti’s birthday… 2 months early… Ha.

That evening was Chad’s backend party so my mom met us in Nephi and picked up Scoti and took her back to Richfield. We knew she didn’t feel good, it would be cold and she would much rather be in Richfield with grandma and grandpa. I won’t lie, it was really nice to do a few things with just Chad and I and run around the carnival with just us two. I did wish Scoti was there sometimes too tho. At their backend party they did a carnival and had all these rides and things to do. They had booths where you could win shoes, watches, hats, bags, clothes and lots of other things. They had a cash cow that they would stick money to and let loose and people would chase that thing and go crazy! That evening they had Motorcycle races, nitro circus was there and mud pig wrestling. It was a really good time and they were giving away 10 razors so we really wanted one. Of course we did not get one but we did get a text from my mom about 9 that Scoti’s Temp was at 103.8. I started freaking out and told Chad I wanted to leave right now. We had to go back to pick up our car but it was suppose to be done at 8:30 so we thought we would get there, it would be done and we would get right on the road. Nooo. The car didn’t get all the way finished till almost 11 at night. Who works that late?? I do not know.







We got home to our little girl and her fever had gone down. She decided she did not want to sleep at all so we were up with her till about 4. This morning after church we took off all her bandages to change it and all her blisters were bleeding and her temperature had gone back up to 102.8 so we decided we just wanted to take her into the ER. Everything was okay and she is now cuddled up  next to dad taking a nap. I love seeing that.



So yes it was such a good weekend seeing my friend get married, shopping, family and parties but it was a sad, bad, horrible weekend considering what happened to my little Scotlynn. Breaks my heart.

I had to get this post off today because I know there is no other time and I want to give Disneyland, Sea World and Universal Studios its very own post. It is that special! Oh I can’t even wait. I haven’t been to Disneyland in 5 years and I have never been to Universal Studios. Be ready for a picture overload! 



No comments:

Post a Comment