Thursday, June 7, 2012

Ringless


What girl doesn’t love a nice sparkly diamond on her finger? Going throughout your day and every so often catching glimpse of it and remembering all over again how much you love it. That feeling of getting your ring cleaned and it looking brand new and you just can’t stop staring.Yaaa…. I remember those good old days……..


It’s been a little over six months when my wedding ring got stolen right out of our car. Dang thief’s scored big that night! My fingers were nice and fat at the time so I hadn’t been wearing it and smarty pants me left it in the car in the change thingy. I cried and was super sad but knew I would get another one someday. Until then I found a beauty at TJ Max for $19.99 that would work. About a month after Scoti my fingers were no longer chubby so that $20 ring no longer fit and I got rid of it.

Now I am ringless and feel like a teen mom. I feel like I am already a young one with a baby but when there is no ring on the finger I look like a knocked up single teen mother. I feel like one of the first things I do when I meet people or see people is check the hand. Ya know just to see what you’re dealing with and what not. Well my hand definitely says single mother at the age of 21. The last few times I’ve been to Richfield Chad hasn’t been with me and I don’t wear a ring so I think they all think I had a super unsuccessful marriage resulting in a child. It’s all good tho. I’ve tried day after day to talk my hubby into a ring but it’s not happening. I would think as a husband he would want his wife with a ring on but cost vs. looking married, cost is the big winner!

I miss that feeling of the worth on your finger and looking down and thinking how beautiful it looks. I might just have to make another trip to TJ’s and pretend I’ve got something on my finger worth over $20 and pretend my husband cares I’m even wearing a ring. 

No comments:

Post a Comment