Friday, June 1, 2012

UTAHH!

Before we begin.. Isnt' this adorable. I was out in the kitchen and went into the room to see these two love bugs of mine asleep. I was in love with Scoti holding her daddy's finger. So precious. 

Lucky, lucky me got to go back and visit Utah this last week! It was very last minute but it was very much needed and definitely enjoyed! Last Monday my mom called and just threw out the idea instead of her, Lindie & Bailey all trying to fly out to see me why doesn’t she just book me a ticket with her sky miles and I come home and that way everyone can see us… I mean Scoti…. So I said ya that could probably work and then she said well you should come home for graduation and surprise Bailey and the rest of the family. That was in like 3 days, so I hung up and went and talked to Chad. I knew he’d be the only one not liking this idea, but he actually said that’d be fun and a nice break for me and I totally should. So I got super excited but had to control my excitement since it would be a surprise for the family. I was a little nervous to fly with Scoti because I would be all alone this time but it was a nonstop flight so that was great! The flight there went amazing. Well the actual flying part did, getting there not so much. Taylor drove me to the airport and of course I get us lost! Freaking out we finally make it to the airport. Get through security which is a beast with breast milk and I get to the gate and I’m thinking I have just enough time to change scoti and warm up a bottle. Scoti had pooped up her back. Great! I get that taken care of and knew I would not have time to go to the bathroom myself. Get on the plane and I’ve got a flippin middle seat. Two guys in their nice suits and laptops out. I was fearful for them. But it actually went amazing! She napped a little, laughed, played, no crying, no spit ups, just great kid right? We land do the whole surprise thing. Yay happy surprise.

Remember how I didn't have time to go potty. Well about half way through the flight Scoti was jumping on my lap and really pushing my bladder to the limit. So I finally got up to go and got into that little cubicle and had nowhere to put Scoti. So i made a seat out of my diaper bag and put her in the corner. Clever right?
The next day was Bays graduation. That was…. Fun. She had a pretty small graduating class so it went super fast so that was a plus. Graduations were never fun though so its like what did I really expect. That afternoon she left on the CHT Church History Tour At like 5 in the afternoon. Bummer to ever having a fun graduation night but I guess that’s okay. She was  on a flight to New York! The biggest bummer of it all was she barely got to see Scoti and Scoti barely got to see her Aunt Bayy! Sad… That night though the family headed up to cabin……

Aunt Bay & Scoti!!

Loves that yummy foot! 

These boys were so excited to be there!
To make a super duper long story short lets just say the power was out and we all cuddled around the wood burning stove to sleep and I was beyond blessed I was no pioneer. The next afternoon around 3 it came on. Warm baths, showers, toilets, heat all of it never felt so good! We stayed up at the cabin till Monday and had so much fun! Nothing beats the view up there and just relaxing and shooting guns. Love it up there!
Scoti doing some push ups! 


Tuesday my mom, Scoti and I headed to St George to see Chad’s family and see Mandee’s new baby Adelaide. This little girl was so tiny I was fearful to hold her. So so cute though and she made Scoti look even bigger than I already thought she was. I want to hold her again right now. I got a costa vida fix and it never tasted so delicious!

Wednesday was goodbye day. It was seriously the fastest week of my life. Lindie took me to the airport and I made sure I was super early this time so any bathroom problems or anything couldn’t ruin this flight. It was all going so great and I couldn’t be more thrilled when I got on the plane and found out I had the whole row of seats to myself! Best thing in the world. The plane takes off and Scoti decides to just blow out of her pants again. Sick I know and she is doing is so much lately.  The seatbelt light wont turn off so im wrapping her in her burp cloth praying it turns off any second. Finally it does and we go change her and put on a new outfit. Right when I sit down she spits up everywhere. I go to grab a burp cloth but wait I only packed one and it has poo on it now. I’m using wipes to clean myself up and the seat. Then lets just say Scoti screams for 3 hours straight. It was the biggest nightmare of my life! I’m now soo fearful to go home for the 4th because I cannot do that again. The only up side to it all is I really don’t think it can get much worst. Oh yes and then I’m getting off the plane and my flip flop breaks so I just walk through the whole airport with one shoe on and one shoe off. That just put the cherry right on top!

But now we are back and trying to get all unpacked and in the groove again. I was here for a little less than a month and got to go back to visit and now I’m back and in a month I get to go back again. This is the way it should be! I miss my family already! They are so good to us when we go home and everyone just loves loves miss Scoti so it’s really the biggest break when I’m there and I love it! 


We went and got pedicures the day I was leaving and what a great daughter I have raised. Sleeps while mom gets her toes done! 


Here are a few old pictures I never got to blog!

Bug off! 

Scoti and Jacks at the pool!

Bath Time!



Seriously loves the water!



Beautiful Kentucky!

So cute right?? Shout out to my hubby! He's doing so great! He's at 56 for the summer and 85 for the year! 
 &&&&&&& last but not least I thought I would write down a few facts about our Scoti........

-5 Months old
-Weighs 16.13 lbs
-Still bald as can be
-Rolls across the room
-Started crawling
-Does not like baby food or rice cereal
-Started 1 bottle of formula a day
-Sleeps 8+ straights hours a night
-3 naps (1 beings 3-4 hours)
-Wearing 6-12 months
-Loves going to the pool and stroller rides
-Sucks on her toes



1 comment:

  1. I just stumbled upon your blog. I hope that's ok. Just wanted to tell you how cute you are. I loved your airplane stories.

    ReplyDelete